Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My iHerb favourites :)

For first timers, use YAF688 for $5 off your first purchase!
iHerb SHIPS DIRECT TO SG (purchase above US$120 to get very attractive rates for DHL shipping).
Rmb to limit your purchases to US$280 (include shipping) to avoid GST!


SUPPLEMENTS FOR ADULTS:
  1. Colostrum Pills - Like colostrum to boost kids' immune systems, it works for adults too! The powder form may be a turn off for adults due to the milky taste but the pills are great! 

SUPPLEMENTS FOR KIDS:
  1. ChildLife Colostrum with Probiotics - My boy's all time fave! We've reverted back to this for convenience as I recently changed my maid and though that an 'all-in-one' product would be easier for her to manage than to order the colostrum powder and probiotics powder separately. This really helps to boost the immune system. I've recommended it to many friends and they love this! They save a lot of heartache as their kids don't fall ill often. Saves them a lot of on PD fees too! If you are skeptical about online products, do check this out at GNC. They sell the exact same product (but triple the price).
  2. Sambucus For Kids - Great to keep in the fridge in case of emergencies. When my boy starts to have slight cough, sniffles or complains of a sore throat, we'll give this straightaway. Minimizes the severity of his illness. Most of the time, we don't even need to consult a doctor because his symptoms go away in a day or two!
  3. Gummy DHA - We recently changed to this as the little boy was starting to reject his liquid DHA oils, claiming that it makes him feel nauseous. It's really yummy! (Yes! I tried it!) I wanted to get the Disney Gummy Fish initially but it was OOS when I placed my order. 

FOR PREGNANT/BREASTFEEDING MUMMIES:
  1. Erbaorganics Stretchmark Oil - I used this throughout my current pregnancy and I'm proud to declare myself STRETCHMARK FREE! It's an oil, so it's best to apply at night (after shower). For those who do not like oils, they have a cream version: Erbaorganics Stretchmark CREAM
  2. TM Organic Mother's MIlk Tea - To boost milk supply. I used this for my first child and had an overflowing supply of milk (of course, I used other products too! KS mentality). I had frozen stock (2 chest freezers and 1 home freezer) enough to scare my mother into thinking that she gave birth to a cow, not a human. 
  3. Earth Mama Milkmaid Tea  - Another brand of tea that other mummies have requested for me to purchase during sprees. I've not tried it but I heard that it tastes nice! Worth trying! 
  4. Earth Mama Booby Tube - This is a hot/cold pack made from natural flax-seed shells. Great to use as warm/cold compress on breasts to relieve engorgement. I used 'donuts' from Gerber when I had my first child. But this seems too tempting. As it is not a fixed 'donut' shape like other warm/cold packs meant for the breasts, it can also be rolled up and applied to the tummy to relieve cramps or applied to other parts of the body to relieve aches!
  5. Earth Mama Bottom Spray - I've yet to deliver, but fellow mummies have given me fantastic feedback on this product. It helped their wound to heal faster and reduces the swelling of their 'girlfriend' (which means less discomfort). Some are even buying their 2nd bottle!
  6. Earth Mama Ginger-Grapefruit Bodywash - Why torture yourself with smell herbal baths? To avoid depression and to keep fresh (especially if you are breastfeeding), do pamper yourself. Get a nice bodywash for confinement. I've yet to try this brand (it's on its way to SG now) but I've bought another brand (the next product) to try.
  7. Desert Essence Apple-Ginger Bodywash, Desert Essence Apple-Ginger Shampoo and Desert Essence Apple-Ginger Conditioner - Smells so sweet and yummy! I've tried this, it has this slightly spicy after feel that makes you feel refreshed. Feels very good to shower in this (can't wait to shower during my confinement!). The shampoo is a little drying - good to get the conditioner. The conditioner is great. I have naturally wavy hair that's really unruly and I managed to tame my hair with this conditioner. 

ORGANIC SKIN CARE/TOILETRIES (FOR ADULTS & KIDS):
  1. Normally, we use GAIA. But it's a little pricey if none of my relatives bring back from Australia for us. So we alternate between GAIA and this: Rainbow Research Baby Body Wash
    My 4yo has bad eczema, so we have to be very careful about skincare products. This is great! & really nice smelling too!
  2. Jason Natural Kid's Shampoo - We use this when we run out of GAIA :) Smells really delicious. Typically, boys tend to get very smelly after an hour at the playground. My boy still smells nice and yummy :) (I must confess: It might be weird thinking about this, but I do smell my boy after his play time!)
  3. Jason Natural Kid's Toothpaste - Fighting a losing battle to get your kids to brush their teeth? A nice toothpaste would usually help to entice them! My 4yo is happily using this toothpaste and loves it!
I'll post more great products when I have time. :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Share Your Comments!