Friday, January 7, 2011

While we teach our children to be kind...

... does it really pay to be kind?

Reading through KSP forum, I realised that there are many parents who instead of act by example to teach their children to be kind, they go around questioning people's intentions when they are kind.

Because of such people, it makes me think again: Why am I being kind?

1. It's better to give than to receive.
2. I genuinely want to share.
3. I have been taught since young, through observing my parents, to be kind.
4. I am also setting an example for my son.

Seems like very little reasons but it makes me wonder... Why are there people who put down others' kindness?

I don't have the answer to that. I can only tell myself that what I'm doing is right, and many parents have shown their support by emailing kind words to me.

Hopefully, their children will be able to learn the right values from their classmates and school teachers.
If they learn from their parents, I will really start to worry for Singapore's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments!