Thursday, July 22, 2010

Empire Food Tingkat Lunch Review


Tingkat Lunch which was delivered on 21/7/2010 by Empire Food (http://www.empirefood.com.sg/) Ordered for 1 pax, $130 + $10 (rice) + $10 (microwavable containers, 20 days
(very flexi about which days, you can even choose once a week! I chose thrice a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
The guy I spoke to over the phone was also very patient in answering my questions and extremely polite.

3 dishes and 1 soup (before opening):
 

















After opening:
















The soup:



Delicious and tasty soup.
Loved the way they sealed it (like bubble tea).
Have ordered order tingkat before and they've always spilt the soup but this packaging is great.
Confirm no spillage!

 



















2 large pieces of pork ribs. Loads of wolfberries floating around.
Definitely no MSG as I did not get more thirsty after drinking the whole bowl.



Upclose on the dishes:















Scallop (imitation) with vegetables
Nice gravy!
And for 1 pax share, I consider this rather generous as there were 4 pieces of scallops :)
















Pork Chop
Soft and well marinated.
Abit salty when eaten alone but with rice, it was perfect!
















Long Beans!
I love love love long beans.
The long beans were just nice, cooked but not too soft.
Still have some crunch and it's not yellow or smelling funky.
And it's not oily or salty. Very simple dish and it went well with the other dishes.


Overall, the dishes were nice.
The rice was a little dry but that was quickly fixed by dousing it with the soup.
The portions were huge. I only managed to finish slightly less than 1/2 and kept the rest for hubs to try when he came back for dinner. He liked it too! He's considering ordering it for lunch at his office since the canteen there is exp and the food isn't nice.

I would definitely order them again after these 20 days cycle is over (last day for this cycle is 3 Sep!)
Worth the price :) And definitely can be given to kids (my boy is 3.5yo).

7 comments:

  1. how come u need to order tingkat? ur maid leh?

    let me know how is the food so far can? me thinking of ordering also. difficult to find lunch caterers... the previous one I ordered was bad. Even found rubberband in their vege.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Spies :)

    I ordered tingkat cos I wanted some variety and also, I'm lazy to go grocery shopping :p
    I have a bad habit of buying alot of ingredients, but never get round to cooking them and end up tossing them when they go bad.

    So now, we order tingkat on Mon, Wed, Fri. Tue and Thu we will eat out or cook something simple. We only cook proper dinner everyday except Wed.

    The food so far is good. Every meal is nice and my boy really love their food. Probably cos he's also bored of what we cook at home, so it's a great variety compared to what we normally cook at home. He loves the soup!

    So far no problems with food quality. Yesterday I came home late (around 4 hours after they delivered the food) and the food did not turn bad. I think they do not pack it when it's piping hot (this causes food to turn bad easily).

    I feedback to the delivery guy about the rice being abit dry and subsequently, they improved! The delivery guy is a very nice man too. He advised us to hang a hook at our gate so it's easier for him to hang the food (cos if he hangs it on our gate handle, it might drop when we open the door from inside the house). So far the food arrived on time. Very satisfied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, my maid has alot of housework to complete in the morning as afternoons are spent preparing dinner and playing with my boy. It's easier to finish the housework when my boy's at school. She's a very tidy person and will clean the house very thorougly, so we thought that ordering tingkat will take off 1 extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so far, did they follow the menu they posted on their website? What time did they arrive at your place?

    your post states the food is for 1 person, then ur boy share with you? then ur maid eat what?

    Did you make special requests when ordering?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I'm staying at Punggol. They deliver between 11am to 11.30am.

    They change the menu every month. They do not follow the menu on the website. They will give you a copy of the new menu every month. And they do follow the menu that they give.

    3 dish 1 soup is too much for me alone.
    3 of us will share the food. Sometimes my maid will fry an extra egg or heat up some leftovers from dinner the day before. Especially if they have pork dishes or spicy dishes. My maid will steam/fry an egg for my boy to replace the spicy dishes.

    I did not make any special requests. Don't see the need as their food is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs Wong,

    How's the food so far? Is the leafy veg overcooked? Does the soup taste the same even though the ingredients are different?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    So far it's great. I usually don't eat vegetables, esp the green leafy ones. However, based on looks, it really depends. Sometimes I looks abit overcooked, sometimes it doesn't. I personally feel that for tingkat, the vegetables are bound to be overcooked cos they leave it to cool a little before packing, then when packed, it still retains some heat from other foods and continue to cook a little.

    For the soup, it does taste different for the different soups. Today was white fungus soup - superb. I like their corn soup too.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Comments!